Friday, February 5, 2010

Field Trip...

Well that's what Karen called it. Every year we take off from work to do our taxes and fortunatley this time we got done early.
First mission was Food, we drove around for a bit and ended up at the historic Philippe's http://www.philippes.com/They've been doing French Dips since 1908.

So we head to Olivera St. for a bit. I lived in LA almost all my life and this is my first time going. Lots of street vendors selling everything from belts, wresting nacho libre masks, toys and food (too bad I was still full)
J town Lil Tokyo was the next spot(Check out the parking meter that takes plastic) I frequent this area due to the RIF a dope consigment store in LA http://www.rif.la/. Check them out if you're ever in the area. Finally we head to the Fashion District. Now this place is a world of it's own! I wish I was able to take more shots...I had one crazy lady already trippin coz she thought I took a picture of her.

Till next time












2 comments:

  1. Yo... those figurines are crazy! Equally beautiful and creepy! Loving the pic of the 101... historic freeway, and i think it shows in your pic. And i think you captured the essence of all of L.A. in just one parking meter... its ALL about the plastic! Plastic money, plastic body parts... enough said!... time to eat some pastrami!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok... i'm officially stuck on the pic of the figurines... my favorite one is the drunk girl laying down in the middle of the crowd with a smile on her face!!

    ReplyDelete